Count Me In!
LIVE | NEWS | RESOURCES
Find the latest updates across our socials:
A message to our BT Group members from Deputy General Secretary, Telecoms & Financial Services, Andy Kerr:
BT, EE and Openreach members are facing the biggest threat to their working future. At a time of economic uncertainty and worry, BT Group is ploughing ahead with a radical reorganisation of its business. They are doing this to protect profit, not their loyal, hardworking members.
BT Group’s reorganisation plans involve:
- Mass closure of many sites
- A potential threat to voluntarism in leaving the business
- A piecemeal approach to closure which lessens the chance of re-deployment
- Undermining and ignoring your agreements that protect your pension and voluntary redundancy terms
- Drastically reducing the pay, terms & conditions for multiple roles and grades
The CWU’s position is clear. We aim to enter talks with BT and campaign to:
- Increase job security and maximise the number of UK direct labour jobs in BT
- Agree a centrally coordinated response to redeployment across all CFU’s to create a pathway that allows retraining and reskilling well in advance of any redundancy announcements
- Maintain decent pay, terms and conditions for all BT employees by ensuring a fair grading, pay and reward structure
- Create a fair, enhanced voluntary redundancy package
- Re-instate the legally binding element of the pensions agreement
- Minimise the use of contractors and reduce off shore work to maximise employment for UK BT employees
Now is the time for us all to come together and get involved to achieve these aims. By getting involved you will help us create the necessary leverage with the company. Being a union member means we are part of an active community that achieve things together. It does not matter if you have not been active in the union in the past. There is something for everyone to get involved in to be part of this campaign. Show your solidarity by using the resources page to download graphics for your social media or print off a poster. Or simply email us and let us know you want to be involved at email@example.com
VIEW OUR #COUNTMEIN CAMPAIGN VIDEO:
❗ To ensure that you are receiving the relevant updates – our members are urged to inform the CWU of any changes to their membership details – including changes of address or personal email accounts.
There are three different ways to update your membership details:
- Log into the members’ only section of the CWU website using the username and password you have previously been sent, and change your own details.
- Contact your branch secretary to provide them with your new details.
- Email your new details to firstname.lastname@example.org who will make the changes necessary. Please provide your membership number.