BT Pensions and Pay
Following months of tough negotiations with BT, the CWU’s Executive is now able to confirm that we have reached an agreement on pensions and pay. This will be put to a membership ballot shortly.
Thanks to all our members for rejecting BT’s original proposals during the consultation – which has strengthened our position with the company.
During the consultation the CWU said that we deserved better and BT could afford more. We have secured a better deal, and BT will be paying more.
The proposed agreement
- Secures a continued defined benefit pension option as part of new Hybrid pension for BT Pension Scheme members.
- Provides transitional payments for up to 10 years.
- Improves the BT Retirement Saving Scheme
- Provides a single redundancy agreement for all
- Includes a 2 year pay deal worth at least 6%.
We urge all our members to read all the material that will be sent by your Union over the coming weeks and placed onto this webpage. The deal is complex and we know just how important this issue is to everyone. Keep an eye on this webpage for updates.