CWU Education Policy
Rule 2.1.7 of the CWU rulebook states that the CWU shall :
Promote, organise and facilitate access to adult education to
enable members to advance their skills for life.
The CWU would summarise the aims of its education programme as follows:
- To encourage all CWU members to develop their own educational potential;
- To provide members with the skills required to negotiate effectively with management;
- To fight discrimination by encouraging greater participation in union activities, especially by women and ethnic minorities;
- To assist the CWU in carrying out its responsibilities to represent its members' interests;
- To train CWU activists as tutors in order to pass on their experience to the next generation of activists;
- To promote workers' solidarity in the world and to develop and strengthen free and democratic unions.