Welcome to CWU
The Communication Workers Union is the biggest union for the communications industry in the UK with 203,500 members. We represent members in postal, telecom, mobile, administrative and financial companies including Royal Mail Group, UK Mail and BT, o2, Virgin Media, Orange, ComputaCenter and Santander. Our members' expertise includes engineering, computing, clerical, mechanical, driving, retail, financial, call centre and manual skills.
The CWU's Statement of Values:
- To provide first class collective and individual representation for all CWU members;
- To achieve security of employment for all members;
- To offer individual membership services of the highest quality;
- To expand trade union membership throughout the communications industry;
- To promote, by industrial and political means, the success of the industries in which our members work;
- To campaign against all forms of discrimination;
- To further these objectives by promoting the influence of the union throughout the national and international community.
We also offer our members extra benefits, such as free legal advice, a free will-writing service, and discounted motor, home and travel insurance.
We are a campaigning union and work hard to get our voice - YOUR voice - heard on a variety of subjects such as fair pay, pensions, just terms and conditions, health and safety, equal opportunities and politics. We are affiliated to the TUC and UNI.
Our strength comes from working and campaigning together. Please join us if you haven't already or use the links to the left hand side to find out more about our campaigns and the work we do to support our members.